Sunday, November 1, 2015

November's Updates and Prayer Requests

  It's November 1st, which means I have two-and-a-half months before I leave.  With working and the holidays approaching, these couple months are going to be gone in a flash - yes, I say that every time.  Especially since I work in retail and Christmas things were stocked earlier this week (yikes!).

  I have begun shopping!  In fact, I'm just about finished.  Shopping for minimal, quality gear for such a long trip, and attempting to do so frugally is frustrating and stressful to say the least.  I thankfully have found some good deals at REI as well as some good products.  Purchasing gear has made the trip much more real!  I am more excited now (although I'm a little nervous about sleeping in my mosquito net...going to be a *little* tight to say the least).  This picture doesn't show it, but there is a rod above the head that makes a tiny little tent to crawl into and so the netting isn't on your face.


  I have also purchased my airline ticket to Indiana for initial training!  The flight to and from Indiana (the first and last flights of the trip) are left to team members to purchase.  I was excited to get a good deal on the flight and am now able to check that off my list!  Like shopping, this completed task makes the trip more tangible to me.

  Please pray for me as I make a decision regarding malaria pills.  Both Haiti and Belize have a high risk for malaria, so Experience Mission encourages us to consider taking pills while in those two locations.  On one hand, I am scared to go without that protection.  And on the other, I am conscious about what I put in my body and know there is a risk of scary side effects.  Plus, I found out that the malaria pills that I would choose (based on a lot of research), cost a lot of money.  Prayer for clarity as I make this decision would be very much appreciated.


  Praise God, I am 82% funded!!!  November is upon us and that leaves only 30 days to raise my final 18%!  Will you consider joining my financial support team?  Any amount helps and it is all tax-deductible!  Please pray about supporting me financially.






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one minute you're excited for this experience and the next you're overwhelmed by the items you need to buy. Please remember God knows your every need. He's going to use you on this trip, provide for you, and change you! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete